Old December 5th 08, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default A foot and cycle bridge across Barking Creek as part of the DLR Dagenham Dock extension?

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, John Rowland wrote:

How about a hand-wound transporter bridge hanging from the fixed bar
of the flood barrier?

APPROVED. Possibly even pedal-powered!

I want one on Dartford Creek too.

There seems to be no fixed bar in the flood barrier there, so it would be
more expensive. And I don't think there are any ships there either, making
it a bit pointless. I don't think a hand-wound chain ferry like the one on
Trowbridge Island, Kingston would work well on a tidal creek. So a
standard bridge would probably be cheaper.

ITYM Trowlock Island, Teddington
--
David Biddulph