Old December 14th 08, 09:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Primrose Hill

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:29:52 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 14:13:57 -0800 (PST), 1506
wrote:

What would it take to bring the station back into use, apart from
train service? Would it be better to rebuild Primrose Hill station
from scratch?

Well, all that's usefully left is a platform. (The roadside building
is a restaurant, I think - I was referring mainly to the canopy,
though I thought perhaps wrongly that there was a building under
that). I just found it (like wartime Euxton ROF in Lancashire which
has gone, though it is being replaced by a newly built station at some
stage, I think quite soon) fascinating - a dead station, but otherwise
almost intact.

I suspect if reopening was justified, building something on the in-use
DC line to Euston would be better. But there are plenty of other
transport options from the area, so it'd probably be pointless.

Apparently the recently diverted service during the engineering works
was rather popular and a lot of questions have been asked about a
permanent service. Whether that included any pressure local to primrose
hill I do not know. There are apparently big issues relating to
signalling capacity on the DC lines so extra trains cannot be squeezed
in without sacrificing something else.
--
Paul C