Old December 26th 08, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Mortimer Mortimer is offline

Default Buses waiting time and blocking the road

"Ian" wrote in message

"John Rowland" wrote in message
John Wright wrote:

Absolutely. I can think of one bus stop between RAF Halton and
Wendover which is absolutely adjacent to a traffic island. If a bus
stops there, any other traffic has to wait till it moves. If that's
not causing congestion I don't know what is.

I think all of the bus stops in Claremont Rd NW2 are like this. There are
no real opportunities between stops to overtake a moving bus either.

Not a problem. Cars proceed along the road at the same rate as the bus.

Yes it is a problem. If the bus stops were positioned properly in laybys
then cars would be able to proceed at the speed limit and would not *need*
to proceed at the slower speed of the bus (ie eventually reaching the speed
limit and then stopping for a long tiem while the driver takes passengers'
money).