Old December 28th 08, 02:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default Oyster PAYG + YP Railcard discount?

Rob wrote:
I read on a forum that on oyster payg you can get 1/3 off off peak
travelcard prices???- is this true????

No. You can get a discounted *paper* Day Travelcard, which gives you a
Zones 1 to 6 Travelcard (1 to 9 if purchased from a London Underground
Ticket Office) for £4.80 instead of £7.00/£8.20. (Increasing to £5.00
instead of £7.50/£9.00 from 2nd January))

You can also get your Railcard discount added to an Oyster (the discount
entitlement expires at the same time as your Railcard) which gives a
reduced Pay As You Go cap of between £2.80 and £8.30 depending on which
Zones you travel in. (The Railcard caps from 2nd January don't appear in
the 2009 Fares Leaflets or on the TfL site, as far as I can tell).

HTH,

Barry