Old December 29th 08, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colum Mylod Colum Mylod is offline

Default Who owns the CC western extension cameras and poles, and what will be done with them?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 01:58:54 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

That is all.

My guess is TFL owns them (they were directly sued by K&C council on
lack of planning permission for said ugly poles, not the wonderful
private monopoly [1]) and the whole setup would stay in place if/when
the toll ceases if only to feed the spooks and other parties with
info.

[1] Said wonderful monopoly sent out the residents' renewal forms for
2009 just before Christmas. You can't d/l the renewal forms off the
net. "10 working days" will barely make the 7-Jan renewal deadline for
me. Of course I can cheerfully pay for Jan but if they don't sort out
the paperwork I'd be pre-paying for a partly ineligible discount.
Seriously, Manchester has saved itself a bureaucratic nightmare. 1980s
technology and signage in 2008.
--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com