Old December 27th 08, 12:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Who owns the CC western extension cameras and poles, and what will be done with them?

That is all.

Old December 28th 08, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 27, 1:58 am, "John Rowland"
wrote:
That is all.

Have they been put up? If so no doubt the police will use them to spy
on us like they do with all the other ANPR cameras. Stalin would have
been proud of this government.

B2003
Old December 28th 08, 02:50 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Crossposted to news:uk.transport , hoping for at least one reply.

Old December 29th 08, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 01:58:54 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

That is all.

My guess is TFL owns them (they were directly sued by K&C council on
lack of planning permission for said ugly poles, not the wonderful
private monopoly [1]) and the whole setup would stay in place if/when
the toll ceases if only to feed the spooks and other parties with
info.

[1] Said wonderful monopoly sent out the residents' renewal forms for
2009 just before Christmas. You can't d/l the renewal forms off the
net. "10 working days" will barely make the 7-Jan renewal deadline for
me. Of course I can cheerfully pay for Jan but if they don't sort out
the paperwork I'd be pre-paying for a partly ineligible discount.
Seriously, Manchester has saved itself a bureaucratic nightmare. 1980s
technology and signage in 2008.
--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com
Old December 29th 08, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"John Rowland" wrote in message

That is all.

TfL

And a number of them [1] will be retained for ANPR duties and one or two
other things.

[1] I don't know exactly how many at the moment, but some will get removed.
When they go unless someone else wants to 'buy' the pole and its services
then they will be removed too.

Old January 5th 09, 09:46 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in
:

Crossposted to news:uk.transport , hoping for at least one reply.

The central area ones belong to TfL and I would guess that the same is true
for the western extension. There's a lot more than just cameras and poles;
for the extension I believe all the image processing and much of the
filtering is done at the roadside (as opposed to the central area where the
images are processed centrally).

Peter

--
Peter Campbell Smith ~ London ~ pjcs00 (a) gmail.com