Old January 15th 09, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Heathrow third runway to get the go ahead

wrote in message
On Jan 15, 10:08 am, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
01:35:13 on Thu, 15 Jan 2009, remarked:

Especially given that passenger numbers at heathrow are dropping
according to this report. The whole thing stinks.

We are in a "bust", so of course short-term passenger numbers are likely
to fall. The new runway is (one possible) solution for the capacity
required in the next "boom". If there's not going to be another "boom",
we don't need a lot of things, including Crossrail.

When you're in a bust you don't start spending billions on vanity
projects.

The one (and only) good thing about this decision, is that it isn't a
decision to spend their (aka our) money, but to allow a PLC to spend its
money.

If there is no business case for the plan, the banks wont lend BAA the
funds.

tim