Old February 2nd 09, 03:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Euston Station

In message , at
19:56:54 on Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Arthur Figgis
remarked:
They could raise the money to make it look finished by charging a quid
to everyone who says "yes, the old bit looks nice, but when are they
going to put something permanent in place of that temporary bit where
the MML/EMT/Thameslink/FCC on a weekend go from?"

Yes, and when MML was operating from what are now the Kent Domestic
platforms, the management did indeed give the impression that the
extension was temporary. They also didn't say that the eventual home for
the MML platforms was going to be *even further* away (from
civilisation).

The last time I was playing "hunt the snorbans train" I was surprised
to find there are no ticket machines around the MML platforms, you have
to go downstairs.

They have now got two or three ticket machines near the MML buffers on
the rather empty MML concourse (although a few seats have also
appeared).