Old February 6th 09, 07:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc
Brian L Johnson Brian L Johnson is offline

Default UTLer in the news

Espen Koht wrote:

In article ,
(Alan Braggins) wrote:

In article , Espen Koht
wrote:
A Honda based ambulance matching the general description today passed

me
earlier today and I noted that the primary markings really are the
yellow and green on the right and left sides. The rear and front retain
mostly the underlying silver/grey colour of the vehicle, and the
low-profile light-bar could easily be confused with some arbitrary
roof-mount unless lit.

Basically, more like this:
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/P1150231.jpg without the

yellow bonnet.

An earlier post
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/cam...872659b40f31de
(which has X-No-Archive so will expire soon) linked to
http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/...EAAMB_240702.J
PG/image_view_fullscreen
"Which differs only in the registration number."

That's a good match (I hadn't paid much attention until I saw the
potential vehicle myself). From standing 1m in front of this I would be
more willing to assume some benefit of doubt

Exactly. For a brief moment, that vehicle would have looked like the next in a sequence of bullying Chelsea tractor drivers trying to elbow their way on to the grass to save themselves a couple of quid parking fee and 5 minutes walking time at the expense of the vast majority of law-abiding attendees.

deep breath

IF the lights weren't running at the time

Even if they were. Consider which direction Colin would have been facing at just after 2 o'clock on that blazing summer's afternoon. Into sun?

Also consider that the ambulance driver had said that he'd turned off his siren. Might he have inadvertantly turned the lights off as well?

(or you were Leonardo da Vinci). Anything post the
initial encounter (which the driver does appear to describe as a minor
altercation in his initial complaint) shows a very poor show of
judgement which (in all honesty was no longer an emergency situation)
clearly aggravated the situation, which doesn't entirely surprise me
given Colin's general pig-headedness when he think he is right even when
proven wrong.

People with firm convictions do often stick with them when they shouldn't. I guess that's why they're called, y'know... 'firm'. g

But, do we want vacillators as our officials? Swaying with the wind? Bowing to whichever pressure group is the flavour of the month?

However, apart from a well warranted reprimand, as an
elected official I feel the final verdict should be left to the voters
in this case, rather than some potentially politicised process.

A referendum? Gosh, that would be interesting!

--
-blj-