Old December 14th 03, 12:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Black cabs

"Zara Henderson" Zara@Henderson wrote in message

=======================================
My husband who is a London Taxi Driver drove a partially
sighted disabled woman to a housing estate on the Essex
road Islington,he assisted the lady to her door & when he
returned he was set upon by six hooded youths who had
just broken into his cab,they kicked him "in the head so
violently that he suffered a stroke & has not worked since
& we have a young family, that was almost three years
ago.the advice that we recieved from the "Met" was
"never leave your vehicle if you feel your personal safety
is at risk"

Looks like the Met are as good at giving advice as they are at solving
crimes... after all, when a taxi driver has taken a wheelchair-bound
passenger to their destination, getting out of the vehicle is necessary in
order to use the ramps.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped