Old February 11th 09, 07:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Monday start for full WCML timetable

[original thread at uk.railway]
[x-posted to uk.transport.london]

On 11 Feb, 18:34, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Announced today by Network Rail:

"From Monday February 16th a further 16 daily Virgin services will be added
to almost 100 services that were introduced in December. London Midland will
introduce an extra six services to add to their 52 extra services added in
December. Southern will see the extension to Milton Keynes of its 32 trains
between Watford and south and west London..."

http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co...ReleaseID=4171

A rather parochial comment on my part regarding the extended Southern
services to MKC (though relevant to utl readers), but Southern reckon
they'll be a great success to which I can only agree:
http://www.southernrailway.com/news.php?id=222

---quote---
Southern’s hourly service will provide direct trains for people
travelling between towns along the West Coast Main Line and locations
in west and south London, including Wembley, Shepherd’s Bush and
Kensington Olympia. With connections to many other destinations at
Clapham Junction and East Croydon these trains will prove very
popular.
---/quote---

No direct service to Gatwick or Brighton any more of course but the
interchange at East Croydon for trains to these places is relatively
painless, with ramps and waiting rooms (with, FWIW, some buffet
facilities).

What's the long term future of these trains off the WCML & WLL with
regards to going to all the way East Croydon? I forget the detailed
machinations discussed in the South London RUS but I'm sure I recall
reading about the possibility that they might terminate at Clapham Jn
in the future (platform 17 in particular is currently no good for
hoards of interchanging passengers).

So presumably the 'weather problems' *which led to the 2/3 BHM & MAN WC
timetable running until yesterday have been solved, and LM have sorted all
their traincrew diagramming out...

Paul

Such cynicism! What could possibly go wrong...