Old February 11th 09, 09:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Chris Read Chris Read is offline

Default Monday start for full WCML timetable

"Mizter T" wrote:

What's the long term future of these trains off the WCML & WLL with
regards to going to all the way East Croydon? I forget the detailed
machinations discussed in the South London RUS but I'm sure I recall
reading about the possibility that they might terminate at Clapham Jn
in the future (platform 17 in particular is currently no good for
hoards of interchanging passengers).

Wasn't South Croydon also mentioned at some stage?

FWIW, punctuality on the Brighton main line/Coastway services I use has been
poor since the December timetable change, and congestion at East Croydon is
often the cause of delay. Therefore, in my view, the fewer trains which
terminate and reverse here, the better. Would Purley not offer an
alternative?

Chris