Old February 11th 09, 11:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
EE507[_2_] EE507[_2_] is offline

Default Monday start for full WCML timetable

On Feb 11, 11:35*pm, "John Salmon" wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote:
I believe the trains actually reverse out-of-service at South Croydon, but
southbound they tip-out at East Croydon - not sure how good they are at
doing this there.
I recall one of the South London RUS recommendations regarding the
MKC-Watford-Croydon services was that of reversing at South Croydon (not
considered ideal for whatever reason but doable nonetheless), but perhaps
I simply and erroneously read into that that they'd run in service to/from
South Croydon.

http://217.23.229.206/jpclient.exe(Traveline North East & Cumbria) [1]
suggests that the trains use platform 5 at East Croydon in both directions,
arriving generally at xx57 and departing at xx10, so I assume they lay over
there and don't need to go to South Croydon. *If I had the time, I would
check Traveline to see if any other trains are booked through platform 5 at
that time, but I currently lack the motivation to do so!

No need - the trains do indeed sit on platform 5. 6 handles almost all
down slow traffic.