Old February 11th 09, 11:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default Monday start for full WCML timetable

"EE507" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 11:35 pm, "John Salmon" wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote:
I believe the trains actually reverse out-of-service at South Croydon,

but
southbound they tip-out at East Croydon - not sure how good they are at
doing this there.
I recall one of the South London RUS recommendations regarding the
MKC-Watford-Croydon services was that of reversing at South Croydon (not
considered ideal for whatever reason but doable nonetheless), but

perhaps
I simply and erroneously read into that that they'd run in service

to/from
South Croydon.

http://217.23.229.206/jpclient.exe(Traveline North East & Cumbria) [1]
suggests that the trains use platform 5 at East Croydon in both

directions,
arriving generally at xx57 and departing at xx10, so I assume they lay

over
there and don't need to go to South Croydon. If I had the time, I would
check Traveline to see if any other trains are booked through platform 5

at
that time, but I currently lack the motivation to do so!

No need - the trains do indeed sit on platform 5. 6 handles almost all
down slow traffic.

Indeed. Platforhas bor terminatinggg local trains for many years, with down
slow on 6 and up slow on 4. These don't conflict with fast line trains on 3
(down), 2 (reversible) and 1 (up), although AIUI platforms 2 - 5 are
signalled reversibly.

Peter