Old February 17th 09, 11:27 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

wrote

I still think the ELLX phase 2 will be
packed full starting at Clapham Junction - the appeal of being able to
just take one train (no exhanges to other trains) - and an air-
conditioned train - all the way to either the City (Shoreditch), or
Canada Water (just 1 stop from Canary Wharf) has enormous appeal. I
think the ELLX is a wonderful gift to those of us who live near
Clapham Junction.

I'm sure it will be popular, though I still think that, except perhaps for
two or three peak trains, it won't be packed to the point of discomfort.
Though I've just done some calculations - I think you're right that it will
be as quick for a journey to Canary Wharf, starting at Clapham Junction, as
going via Waterloo, and almost as quick to the City (assuming a final
destination equidistant from Bank and Shoreditch High Street, the last bit
being done on foot).

Peter