Old February 17th 09, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
zen83237 zen83237 is offline

Default Catching offenders is on the cards

"Joe" wrote in message
I note that offering concessionary travel off-peak on buses is now the
law (although it would seem that offering them for tube/train/tram is an
additional "perk" in certain areas) and wondered if the operator or
issuer of the card has the right to revoke the card if the holder is
responsible for bad behaviour (like what is /supposed/ to happen with
the free bus pass for under 16s) and wondered if the same could happen
with the Freedom Pass.

Visions of "Hells Grannies"! :-)

Funnily enough, I was actually thinking about whether it was allowed
whilst being given grief at work the other night from a passholder. Whilst
it was slightly irrelevant in my case (I work at a railway station and his
pass wasn't valid on the trains from this station - and nonetheless I am
sure he could have been removed under the byelaws/Conditions of Carriage)
it certaintly raised a few points in my mind about the situation on buses.

I does concern me that passengers (rightly) must not abuse station staff. I
sat in a meeting at a contractor where a senior LUL director (very senior)
flew into a rage and let lose with a string of explitives that would have
got a passenger arrested but was ok in this case as it was levelled at the
Project Director of contractor.
Do the laws of harrassment not cover everybody.

Kevin