Old February 24th 09, 07:05 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] rupert.candy@googlemail.com is offline

Default Thameslink ATO Specification published

On Feb 24, 5:49*pm, wrote:
On Feb 24, 5:31 pm, "Capt. Deltic" wrote:

This is incredible stuff. *Especially so when you consider that
Thameslink, and Crossrail, trains will run onto systems with systems
(AWS), and none.

Not to mention the use of ETCS SRS 2.3.0d which has a number of
outstanding open points. *And I don't think anyone has tried
overlaying ATO on ETCS. *I suspect that 24 trains/h will become a new
Key Output 3.

A further point is that, unless ETCS was operational over the whole
Thameslink Network, drivers would have to switch between two operating
philosophies.

But not a lot different to an inbound Eurostar arriving at Dollands
Moor out of the tunnel under TVM430 and suddenly adopting AWS and 4-
aspects. And vice versa outbound.

I shall await further questions from your good self at certain
technical meetings in the near future ;o)

BTW, when I quickly scanned the posts first time through I read SRS
2.3.0d as ETCS SR £2.0.3d ... now I know SR could be parsimonious at
times ...

Was that the development budget for the Class 319? :-P