Old March 12th 09, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Great Porland Street drips

In message , James
Farrar writes
wrote in news:a7d873ab-b3fb-4e3f-af21-
:

For several weeks now I have noticed buckets collecting water dripping
from the roof on both platforms at Great Portland Street, the drips
fall onto the track. A member of staff is employed emptying the
buckets. Sandbags lay on the platform to stop the water spreading.
Is this ground water soaking in, or a leaking drainage/water pipe? Is
it going to be fixed or are the buckets long term!?

There's a sign in the ticket hall that says that Thames Water are
investigating a leak.

Investigations are obviously slow!

Have you ever *dealt* with Thames Water?! My attempts to report a leak
some years ago were some of the most frustrating I've ever had with any
large organisation (and I've had many, believe me).

They should have alerted South Staffordshire Water. *They* respond to
things in nanoseconds! (They do serve areas outside South
Staffordshire, too but I suspect Great Portland Street might be a bit
beyond their boundary, sadly.)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK