Old March 24th 09, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy[_3_] Rupert Candy[_3_] is offline

Default Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

"Paul Scott" wrote:

I think they may have started the dismantling late on Friday night, or
at
least Saturday - probably a good way of concentrating everybody's
minds on
the changes to Southeastern terminating trains, that's for sure...

Quite-I expect it was still a shock to some, despite saturation levels
of public information...

A chap working at Blackfriars yesterday reckoned the overall roof is
being
shortened very soon, there is a temporary footbridge going in directly
from
those P5 stairs to provide another route to the middle of P4...

I did wonder if that was going to become the only entrance to the
station in the near future. Smiths is boarded up, the cash machines have
gone-the whole concourse is looking pretty abandoned.

Incidentally, the performance pollution seems to have started
already-delays of 5-6 min seem to be the norm for southbound trains in
the central core in the evening peak. I'm on a late running Sevenoaks
stopper which is a very pleasant refurbished 319 (presumably with
declassified First Class, though nobody seems brave enough!)

--
Current nearest station: Peckham Rye