Old March 24th 09, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

Neil Williams wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 02:32:44 -0500, Rupert Candy
wrote:

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd see
it!

And the Metty Line wasn't unduly full between Farringdon and Moorgate
this morning, contrary to what I expected.

Are they all walking either from there or City Thameslink, or didn't
many people use the Moorgate branch anyway? (Can't say I ever paid
that much attention)

During the peak, pax crossing the northern footbridges from the down
Thameslink platform can be conveniently shepherded straight out the station:

http://railscenelondon.fotopic.net/p57089072.html

Perhaps they never got to the Met/Circle/H&C?

Paul S

Old March 24th 09, 02:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd see
it!

And the Metty Line wasn't unduly full between Farringdon and Moorgate
this morning, contrary to what I expected.

Are they all walking either from there or City Thameslink, or didn't
many people use the Moorgate branch anyway? *(Can't say I ever paid
that much attention)

During the peak, pax crossing the northern footbridges from the down
Thameslink platform can be conveniently shepherded straight out the station:

http://railscenelondon.fotopic.net/p57089072.html

Perhaps they never got to the Met/Circle/H&C?

That's an impressive set of photos. I can't believe they started
lifting the track at Blackfriars on the first day of closure -
normally you'd expect it to take at least 6 months before any actual
work kicked off... And I had no idea about the temporary second exit
from Farringdon, and what looks like a new set of stairs from
Blackfriars platform 5!
Old March 24th 09, 03:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
wrote:

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd
see it!

And the Metty Line wasn't unduly full between Farringdon and
Moorgate this morning, contrary to what I expected.

Are they all walking either from there or City Thameslink, or didn't
many people use the Moorgate branch anyway? (Can't say I ever paid
that much attention)

During the peak, pax crossing the northern footbridges from the down
Thameslink platform can be conveniently shepherded straight out the
station:

http://railscenelondon.fotopic.net/p57089072.html

Perhaps they never got to the Met/Circle/H&C?

That's an impressive set of photos. I can't believe they started
lifting the track at Blackfriars on the first day of closure -

I think they may have started the dismantling late on Friday night, or at
least Saturday - probably a good way of concentrating everybody's minds on
the changes to Southeastern terminating trains, that's for sure...

....and what looks like a new set of stairs from Blackfriars platform 5!

A chap working at Blackfriars yesterday reckoned the overall roof is being
shortened very soon, there is a temporary footbridge going in directly from
those P5 stairs to provide another route to the middle of P4...

Paul S

Old March 24th 09, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote:

I think they may have started the dismantling late on Friday night, or
at
least Saturday - probably a good way of concentrating everybody's
minds on
the changes to Southeastern terminating trains, that's for sure...

Quite-I expect it was still a shock to some, despite saturation levels
of public information...

A chap working at Blackfriars yesterday reckoned the overall roof is
being
shortened very soon, there is a temporary footbridge going in directly
from
those P5 stairs to provide another route to the middle of P4...

I did wonder if that was going to become the only entrance to the
station in the near future. Smiths is boarded up, the cash machines have
gone-the whole concourse is looking pretty abandoned.

Incidentally, the performance pollution seems to have started
already-delays of 5-6 min seem to be the norm for southbound trains in
the central core in the evening peak. I'm on a late running Sevenoaks
stopper which is a very pleasant refurbished 319 (presumably with
declassified First Class, though nobody seems brave enough!)

--
Current nearest station: Peckham Rye

Can Birmingham bus pass be used in London? Jane P London Transport 14 May 9th 12 01:13 PM
DLR strike off - Tube Lines infraco strike still on, but Tubeservices will still run Mizter T London Transport 14 July 5th 10 10:34 AM
enjoy seeing ranam London Transport 0 August 6th 08 12:09 PM
ENJOY SEEING PICTURES ranam London Transport 0 August 5th 08 11:00 AM
seeing the other's view Brimstone London Transport 101 June 30th 07 01:50 PM