Old March 28th 09, 06:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default West Anglia Main Line Progress Report - DfT

On Mar 28, 4:57*pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Back in the pre-Google Maps era I explored the area IRL and came to the
conclusion that the only "structure" (which does not include the flat
surface of Jarrow Road)

On closer inspection the bridge carrying the Goblin has a redundant
3rd span on the west side where the west-to-north curve used to be. So
there's enough space for four tracks without touching Jarrow Road or
doing any bridge works.

amazingly the new
bridge to carry the railway over Mollison Avenue was built *wide* enough for
four tracks - I can't see how the COBA worked out for that one, with no
prospect of quadrupling in the air at the time.

If it was paid for out of the road's budget, the only cost to BR (I
assume it was that era) was that of a stern letter.