Old April 7th 09, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default new Stratford London Overground platforms

On Apr 5, 6:17*pm, "Peter Tomlin" wrote:

[snip]

New April timetable (3 tph from Richmond) then the line shuts December for
16 weeks Gospel Oak to Stratford. Probably no rail replacement and no
refunds for having to use zone 1 : (

What makes you say that about rail replacement buses? LO laid on a
full provision of rail replacement bus services when the NLL was
closed between Gospel Oak and Willesden Jn last autumn for ten or so
weeks, so I'd expect them to do just the same this time around. The
problematic bit will be serving the stretch between Hackney and
Stratford, as the obvious direct road route via Carpenters Road is
unavailable because it's within the Olympic Park construction zone. I
imagine the replacement bus service might well be split somewhere,
like Hackney Central, so that it remains reliable.

Agree that it's most unlikely there'd be any refunds for using zone 1,
or more to the point being allowed to cross zone 1 for zone 2 prices.
Whilst Oyster might on the face of it make such a thing possible, the
potential complexities of allowing such a thing are pretty mind-
numbing and I'd think the unintended knock-on consequences would be
fairly significant too.