Old April 21st 09, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy[_3_] Rupert Candy[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail

Ian Jelf wrote:
In message
,
Mizter T writes

On Apr 21, 2:20 am, "John Rowland"
wrote:
A hoarding adorned with the Crossrail logo has appeared inside the
south
side of Finsbury Circus. No hole that I can see, though!

Over the past couple of years I've seen blue hoardings adorned with
the Crossrail logo in Canning Town (on Victoria Dock Road somewhere
between Royal Victoria and Custom House DLR stations), in the back
streets of Limehouse (near Westferry DLR), in the car park of
Whitechapel Sainsbury's (just off Whitechapel Road and Cambridge
Heath
Road), and on Sutton Row (between Tottenham Court Road and Soho
Square).

They all seemed to be test digs of some sort - I did see some holes,
albeit small ones.

There's one in Charterhouse Square, too, I noticed the other evening.

I remember a Crossrail branded hoarding in Charterhouse Sq (and one in
the Barbican gardens) in 1990. Call me a pessimist...
--
Current nearest station: Victoria (Eastern)