Old April 24th 09, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Crossrail

On Apr 24, 8:37*am, wrote:

On Apr 21, 9:18*pm, Rupert Candy
wrote:

[snip list of Crossrail survey locations]

They all seemed to be test digs of some sort - I did see some holes,
albeit small ones.

There's one in Charterhouse Square, too, I noticed the other evening.

I remember a Crossrail branded hoarding in Charterhouse Sq (and one in
the Barbican gardens) in 1990. Call me a pessimist...

Any idea what the 1990 hoardings were for?

I think they were for exactly the same thing as they are today, i.e.
geological surveys as you more properly referred to them, or 'test
digs' as I rather sloppily referred to them!

There were some pretty serious noises being made around that time with
regards to Crossrail by NSE and LU. Who knows, if NSE hadn't been
split up then perhaps, just perhaps, Crossrail may have been with us a
bit sooner. Maybe.

I've seen test digs outside my work (Farringdon/Cowcross Street) and
outside my old flat (Whitechapel/Durward Street) over the last couple
of months. According to the leaflet that came through the door in
Whitechapel these are geological surveys, hence the large derricks
behind the hoardings.

Yes, derricks seen at each of the locations I mentioned earlier.