Old April 27th 09, 09:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default East London Line Ex Ph 2 funding deal / loss of Vic - Bellinghamservice

On 27 Apr, 10:14, Tom Barry wrote:
It's suggested that NR aren't co-operating (presumably because they take
too much space up), but there seem to be some near enough to stations to
be useful, including the Albert Embankment near Vauxhall and in Waterloo
Road.

Isn't that the usual Evening Standard tactic of manufacturing a
controversy that pits evil commie TfL against the honest stockbroking
rail-commuter?

Also the complaint about locks is a bit spurious - if it's going to
work anything like Velib, the whole point is you use them to ride from
docking station to docking station, rather than keeping the same bike
with you all day. I'm surprised they say you'll be encouraged to use
your own lock - I think doing so is a breach of the Velib terms.