Old June 3rd 09, 09:45 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506 1506 is offline

Default Chiltern's plans for Oxford-Princes Risborough via Cowley

On Jun 3, 1:10*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Jun 3, 5:49*pm, bebop wrote:

TimB wrote:

On Jun 3, 1:19 am, Richard Brooks richardbro...@vickers-

[snip]

Also;
http://www.transitionoxford.org.uk/sites/default/files/TransportEDPfo...

No, not that plan.
That's Evergreen 3, to the north of Oxford.

Well, turn back a page or three and the original version of Chiltern
Railway's 'Evergreen 3' proposal would have put Leicester back on the
list of destinations at Marylebone, and with a long franchise ahead of
them they were serious about it.

The map they issued used the correct shade of magenta for the proposed
route too.

Given the state of East Midlands Trains Sunday services, and the
provision of platforms for domestic services at St Pancras the other six
days of the week, some people will be thinking 'Bring it on'.

Though I think platform space at Marylebone is a bit tight too
nowadays.

It certainly is which is good. If Chiltern continues to expand and
improve they will need more space for London bound trains.

At one time I thought a new ariel curve above Neasden to carry
services to Saint Pancras by way of Cricklewood might be an answer.
But St P. is now full.

Paddington is hardly an option. It is also well utilized. Could
Kensington Olympia handle some Chiltern trains? Perhaps there is a
bigger role for TfL's Central Line in taking some of the load carried
by Chiltern.

Still, this is a great problem to have. I can recall two attempts to
close Marylebone.

Crossposting to uk.transport.london and misc.transport.urban-transit
for a wider more focused discussion.