Old June 10th 09, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David F David F is offline

Default Travelling to Gatwick from London, tomorrow (11/6/09)

Hi folks,

I have a flight at Gatwick at midday tomorrow, which I am planning to
drive to from Islington, N1. My worry is that the tube strike will
make the roads hell. I think I've got 3 options - drive through the
middle of town, which is the most direct route. Or, go out the A13
then around the M25 ... or, finally, go out on the M4 and around the
M25 the other way.

Given I want to get to the airport for 10am, what time do you think
would be a sensible time to leave at given the anticipated higher than
normal levels of traffic? Which route would you take?

If I miss this flight (as I am prone to do!) the Missus will not be
happy!

Cheers,