Old June 10th 09, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] J@a.com is offline

Default Extra busses on tube strike day

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 00:23:56 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I was pleased th hear fromthe London Lite freebie that " at least 8000
extra busses are operating on 7000 routes"

Thanks Boris

HTH Phil

It looks like more buses (although perhaps not 8,000 extra) but in
fact they're just just running shorter routes. I had to get the 29
from Trafalgar Square to Wood Green earlier on today. Got on only to
get turfed off at Finsbury Park because the bus was turning round to
Waited for the next one, which also said Wood Green, but only took me
as far as Turnpike Lane before turning around once more. I walked the
rest of the way.