Old July 24th 09, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:34:11 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:02:28 +0100
"Recliner" wrote:
Mr Johnson said: "These writhing whales of the road have swung their
hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time."

Yes, because the obvious enviromental way to go is replace N bendy buses
with N*2 normal buses to maintain the same service.

I feel unusually annoyed about this... They are some of the best buses
ever to be used in London or anywhere else, in my controversial
opinion.

Genius decision Boris. Perhaps we should go back to steam trains on the
underground while you're at it?

He said the new buses will emit less CO2 than the bendy buses, which

Less per bus, but I suspect when you add up the total service it'll be
somewhat more.

Absolutely... see how the PVR has gone up - but will it be enough?

will be sent back "to their spiritual home, an airfield in the Midlands"
next week.

Ie perfectly servicable vehicles are about to be mothballed for no good
reason other than a bunch of whining idiot cyclists and a grandstanding
politician.

Well, it was in his campaign and manifesto... So TfL (=we) will pay
for this electioneering bolx and will pay again for his very own Grand
Projet, the BorisBus.

Richard.