Old July 27th 09, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David A Stocks[_2_] David A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster-only gates

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
I had a paper ticket today and one of the gates at KX tube wouldn't accept
my ticket into the slot. A commuter pointed out that it was an "Oyster
only" gate - indicated merely by the dim green LCD that you don't need to
look at, if you have a paper ticket. Are these gates common/recent?

There are usually one or two on the plat. 15-19 line at Victoria, but the
staff there make it very obvious the paper ticket slot is inactive by
wrapping it with yellow tape. I think I've seen a gate that only accepts
paper tickets there as well.
--
D A Stocks