Old August 8th 09, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default SWT Summer Madness

We took the SWT £10 day-return offer today, travelling from Richmond to
Lymington for an enjoyable day out.

Timings were spot-on, but trains were *very* crowded, especially given
Millwall playing away at Southampton - many had to stand on the way back
(with only five coaches on the return trip).

No sign of any refreshment trolley in either direction, nor any sign of
train crew - which meant that many of us travelled first class without
any opportunity to pay the modest weekend supplement (I waived a note at
the guard when he put his head around the door, but he took one look at
the Millwall supporters and locked himself away for the rest of the
journey).

May well go again (perhaps checking football fixtures more carefully) -
it seems a very good offer for Londoners wanting an away-day.
--
Paul Terry