Old August 18th 09, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Fare enquiry

On Aug 7, 5:04 pm, MIG wrote:

On 7 Aug, 16:41, "Ian F." wrote:

"Martin Deutsch" wrote:

It's a little hard to say without knowing more details about
"everything today", but I can tell you that Oyster PAYG capping, and a
Victoria costs 50p less than the equivalent Travelcard, and a Victoria
- Clapham Junction single is £2.40 - so the chances are, you're better
off with a day travelcard.

+++++++++++

Thanks Martin. I think I'll spend the 50p extra on a Travelcard - I'll get
up to the cap level, but it'll save having to buy a ticket at Victoria.

Thanks for the help - just in time...I have to go now.............. ;-)

Ang on, that's not quite right. You also have to bear in mind the
difference between a zone 1 - 4 travelcard and capping in the zones
where "everything today" takes place. Assuming off-peak and assuming
that "everything today" is restricted to zones 1 and 2, that's £1.20
less than a 1 - 4 travelcard.

Probly still better to get the 1 - 4 travelcard though, and save £1.20.

Eh? If "everything [else] today" were to take place in zones 1&2, and
the only non-PAYG journey was Victoria to Clapham Jn (which is zone 1
and zone 2 respectively), then surely the OP wouldn't have even
mentioned zones 3 and 4. Am I being stupid, or were you thinking that
Clapham Jn was in zone 3 or something?