Old September 14th 09, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tottenham Hale

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

Seems daft. As I said in the original thread, one way of taking this
further might be to submit an FOI request to TfL for documentation/
information about this risk assessment. I suppose another thing
someone could attempt to do is somehow try and raise the issue with
Mayor Boris directly (well at least through his office) - I only say
that because it's the sort of thing that one thinks he wouldn't
approve of, what with his general 'common-sense should rule the day'
type stance that he has been known to adopt (not that I approve of
several elements of this supposed 'common sense', but that's another
matter and I shall not digress on that here and now!).

Yet another option would be to contact a London Assembly Member and
try and drum up a chorus of questions about this issue. One option
might be Victoria Borwick AM, who's a (Londonwide) Conservative member
who sits on the Transport Committee, or otherwise the Chair of the
Assembly's Transport Committee, Caroline Pidgeon, or Valerie Shawcross
the Deputy Chair (FWIW Ms Pidgeon is a Londonwide member). Or indeed
contact them all!

http://www.london.gov.uk/assembly/members/borwickv.jsp
http://www.london.gov.uk/assembly/members/pidgeonc.jsp
http://www.london.gov.uk/assembly/members/shawcrossv.jsp

As the nearest any of that lot are to Tottenham Hale is Ms Borwick in
Kensington & Chelsea (Caroline Pidgeon and Valerie Shawcross are from sarf
of the river) you may be lucky to get much recognition of the problem from
those Assembly Members, I fear. I'd be inclined to start with Boris. If I
was approaching any of them, I'd try to involve local councillors from
Tottenham too. Tottenham Hale and nearby wards all have Labour
councillors. Details on the LB Haringey web site.

--
Colin Rosenstiel