Old December 28th 03, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
james007 james007 is offline

Default Bikes on DLR

Robin May wrote:
Aha, I see. Good thing I'm getting a Brompton for Christmas.

I strongly recommend them. They're useful for Eurostar and deep
tube lines, as well.

I got it today. What an absolutely brilliant bike. I can tell I'm going
to get a lot of use out of it.

I have one, and use it almost constantly on summer months - travelling
overland (ten minutes' ride away) rather than on the tube (two minutes'
walk) and seeing a bit of central London for a change. Occasionally I'll
cycle the whole way home, but that's one hour twenty minutes. Of course,
if it starts raining, just hop onto your nearest tube/train/bus. Your
arm will strengthen itself - don't worry if it's a bit heavy to begin with!

Word of warning: always lock it. If going into, say, a pub for a swift
half, take the bike in with you, rather than leaving it outside. Same
goes for a shop - nobody complains. It's a very nickable item, so make
sure you insure it too.