Old October 11th 09, 03:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

In message , at 13:44:42 on Sun, 11
Oct 2009, Neil Williams remarked:
I wonder if they'll be reducing the (zero before FCC arrived) fare, now
the main excuse (the FTRs) has disappeared in a puff of boiled frogs?

I thought it became chargeable when the airport lost interest in
providing it themselves, so FCC said they'd take it on if they could
charge to cover costs?

The airport used bone-shakers, but I doubt they could get away with
providing no service for this essential link.

I strongly suspect the FTRs were only there as prior to the Swansea
metro First had nothing to do with them, as in normal service they
require conductors.

I can't parse that, especially as FTRs ran in normal service in York for
many years.