Old October 14th 09, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Evening Standard no longer on trains

wrote:
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 04:38:01 -0700 (PDT)
martin wrote:
I've yet to see a new orange-jacketed Standard distributor, but did
notice a stand by the door of a WH Smith yesterday.

I haven't bought the Standard in years , but I picked up the free copies
so far and if thats its normal quality then zero pence seems about right
to me. It seems like more like a cheap magazine than a newspaper. Lots of
"features" but not much in the way of actual news.

Possibly because so many people will have already seen more up-to-date
news on websites during the day, and so the Standard wants to give them
something different to that to encourage them to read the thing.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK