Old October 16th 09, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default Evening Standard no longer on trains

wrote:
I haven't bought the Standard in years , but I picked up the free copies
so far and if thats its normal quality then zero pence seems about right
to me. It seems like more like a cheap magazine than a newspaper. Lots of
"features" but not much in the way of actual news.

It used to be that the evening trains (VEPs or EPBs) were covered in
Standards from all the City-types who had disembarked (at that time
/everyone/ bought a Standard for the train home). Even then I remember
picking these up and being surprised how poor it was given that it was read
by people whose choice of paper was the Telegraph or the FT in the morning.

(I've barely seen one since)

Theo