Old October 16th 09, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default "Sling him under a train"

In message of Fri, 16 Oct 2009
10:27:38 in uk.transport.london, Ian Jelf
writes
In message , writes
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:28:16 -0700 (PDT)
John B wrote:
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

[snip]

To return to this incident, I did think it was lucky no-one saw you
taking video, or else that might have brought forth a whole new raft of
"problems"....... :-)

I recently toured the network taking one or two photos of certain
hardware in public places at various LU stations. I got grief at two. At
the first, I referred to the Conditions of Carriage to the Station
Supervisor and got nowhere; at the second, I showed the relevant extract
to a C.S.A, who went away to check with his supervisor, and later
acknowledged I was within my rights. I believe there is a catchall
somewhere that customers must obey instructions from staff. I can't
think where I read it.

It would have been entertaining if the person taking the video had stood
on his rights. I read "4.5. For safety reasons, on our buses and
Underground trains and in our bus and Underground stations you must not:
.... take flash photographs and/or use a tripod or other camera support
equipment" as authority to take other pictures.

I find it lamentable that nothing seems to be done to enforce the next
restriction: "use emergency exits except in an emergency or when
instructed to do so by our staff".
--
Walter Briscoe