Old October 27th 09, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:03:47 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

I think you are missing the way routes are procured in London. There is
no concept of "profits" at route level.

In which case TfL are missing a trick, given that there will be route
improvements which can be carried out at either zero overall cost or
at a profit to TfL overall.

This sounds like one such example.

Though London bus fares do seem too low to me - £1.50 would seem more
than reasonable for an Oyster single (if you consider this rather than
the non-Oyster "penalty" as the normal single), when compared with
other parts of the country.

Neil

--
Neil Williams