Old November 6th 09, 08:02 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
E27002 E27002 is offline

Default Baker St. memorial.

On Nov 6, 12:50*pm, Bruc wrote:
A letter appears in The Telegraph today saying:

SIR - In Baker Street underground station, a fine marble war memorial is
passed by thousands every day. It is now dirty and decrepit.

A friendly Transport for London official told me that the cost of repair
was unaffordable at £10,000. I told him I would polish the big brass
shield, whose engraving is scarcely legible for filth. He said he would
do it himself, in a week or so. Lest he forget, before Remembrance
Sunday, I shall be there with my Brasso.

Penrose Halson

The Great Central war memorial appears to be well looked after by the
members of the Great Central Society
http://johnlawontherails.fotopic.net/p58236561.html

Indeed it is. Although I believe it has moved from its original site
at Sheffield. Saddly the GCR's other memorial 6165 "Valour" is no
longer with us.