Old November 7th 09, 11:31 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Baker St. memorial.

On Nov 7, 11:53*am, " wrote:

SIR - In Baker Street underground station, a fine marble war memorial is
passed by thousands every day. It is now dirty and decrepit.
A friendly Transport for London official told me that the cost of repair
was unaffordable at 10,000. I told him I would polish the big brass
shield, whose engraving is scarcely legible for filth. He said he would
do it himself, in a week or so. Lest he forget, before Remembrance
Sunday, I shall be there with my Brasso.

The encoraging news is that someone wrote a letter to the "Telegraph
about this during the week, and said that the T.F.L. staff member he
spoke to said he would be personally polishing the plaque before
Sunday. The letter-writer also added that he'd be turning up with his
tin of Brasso, just in case the staff member forgot to do it!

What is the point of restating everthing that was in the OP msg in
this thread ?

--
Nick