London Banter

-   -   First Capital Connect Inspectors strike again ! Allegedly (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10009-first-capital-connect-inspectors-strike.html)

Bruce[_2_] November 22nd 09 10:15 AM

First Capital Connect Inspectors strike again ! Allegedly

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 05:35:53 -0800 (PST), The Gardener
wrote:

On Nov 21, 11:55*am, Ganesh Sittampalam
wrote:
I commute on the Great Northern route and I've always found the
inspectors polite and reasonable, both in their dealings with people
with tickets and the occasional time I see them deal with someone
without one.

Having browsed through the linked articles on the penaltyfareappeal
site and in particular having read the correspondence in the appendix
to their report athttp://www.penaltyfareappeal.co.uk/files/PFAS2009-1-FCCTET.pdf,
it seems to me like FCC made a diligent effort to investigate their
claims and found no evidence to back them up.

Of course nothing would excuse the alleged behaviour listed upthread,
and it may well be that the staff on Thameslink are worse behaved than
on Great Northern.

Ganesh

I'd agree - I certainly find the staff at my local station
(Letchworth) very helpful, and the same applies to the staff I have
met at Stevenage and Hitchin, for example. It's difficult to
generalise but IMX Thameslink staff were less likely to be helpful -
my pet hate stations were Luton and the late unlamented Kings Cross
Thameslink; at Luton in particular, some staff acted like they were
trainees for the Gestapo.

Godwin.

The Gardener November 22nd 09 10:38 AM

First Capital Connect Inspectors strike again ! Allegedly

On Nov 22, 11:15*am, Bruce wrote:

Godwin.-

Fair cop. But then, the Stasi were just as bad. Allegedly.

Neil Williams November 22nd 09 07:09 PM

First Capital Connect Inspectors strike again ! Allegedly

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:24:37 -0800 (PST), E27002
wrote:

Wonderful news. Decent people need to stand up to the scum that has
taken over.

What, indeed, has happened to the professional railwayman as a ticket
inspector?

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Bruce[_2_] November 22nd 09 08:16 PM

First Capital Connect Inspectors strike again ! Allegedly

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 20:09:28 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

What, indeed, has happened to the professional railwayman

An oxymoron if ever there was one. :-(