London Banter

-   -   DLR Fare Hike (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10231-dlr-fare-hike.html)

MIG January 4th 10 01:32 PM

DLR Fare Hike

I've only just noticed (and it was presumably with the January change)
that DLR cash fares have now gone up to the penalty rate that applies
to LU (so are no longer a measure of what cash fares might have been
without Oyster).

That doesn't seem to have been publicised.

I assume that all DLR stations must now have Oyster topup facilities.

Paul Terry[_2_] January 4th 10 01:47 PM

DLR Fare Hike

In message
, MIG
writes

I've only just noticed (and it was presumably with the January change)
that DLR cash fares have now gone up to the penalty rate that applies
to LU (so are no longer a measure of what cash fares might have been
without Oyster).

That doesn't seem to have been publicised.

It was in the original media briefing back in October:

"Following the installation of Oyster top-up vending machines at DLR
stations, the “short hop” cash fare of 160p will be withdrawn. The
equivalent Oyster PAYG fare will be 130p in 2010."

I assume that all DLR stations must now have Oyster topup facilities.

So it is claimed.
--
Paul Terry

MIG January 4th 10 01:56 PM

DLR Fare Hike

On 4 Jan, 14:47, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
, MIG
writes

I've only just noticed (and it was presumably with the January change)
that DLR cash fares have now gone up to the penalty rate that applies
to LU (so are no longer a measure of what cash fares might have been
without Oyster).

That doesn't seem to have been publicised.

It was in the original media briefing back in October:

"Following the installation of Oyster top-up vending machines at DLR
stations, the short hop cash fare of 160p will be withdrawn. The
equivalent Oyster PAYG fare will be 130p in 2010."

Oh well, it slipped past me anyway. It didn't seem to be a thing
picked up on by the meeja.