Old January 4th 10, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default DLR Fare Hike

I've only just noticed (and it was presumably with the January change)
that DLR cash fares have now gone up to the penalty rate that applies
to LU (so are no longer a measure of what cash fares might have been
without Oyster).

That doesn't seem to have been publicised.

I assume that all DLR stations must now have Oyster topup facilities.

Old January 4th 10, 02:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, MIG
writes

I've only just noticed (and it was presumably with the January change)
that DLR cash fares have now gone up to the penalty rate that applies
to LU (so are no longer a measure of what cash fares might have been
without Oyster).

That doesn't seem to have been publicised.

It was in the original media briefing back in October:

"Following the installation of Oyster top-up vending machines at DLR
stations, the “short hop” cash fare of 160p will be withdrawn. The
equivalent Oyster PAYG fare will be 130p in 2010."

I assume that all DLR stations must now have Oyster topup facilities.

So it is claimed.
--
Paul Terry
Old January 4th 10, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 4 Jan, 14:47, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
, MIG
writes

I've only just noticed (and it was presumably with the January change)
that DLR cash fares have now gone up to the penalty rate that applies
to LU (so are no longer a measure of what cash fares might have been
without Oyster).

That doesn't seem to have been publicised.

It was in the original media briefing back in October:

"Following the installation of Oyster top-up vending machines at DLR
stations, the short hop cash fare of 160p will be withdrawn. The
equivalent Oyster PAYG fare will be 130p in 2010."

Oh well, it slipped past me anyway. It didn't seem to be a thing
picked up on by the meeja.

New online "Single fare finder" for Tube & DLR Mizter T London Transport 19 October 27th 06 08:03 PM
Oyster - Bus Fare - Prepay J. Public London Transport 7 October 22nd 03 11:21 PM
Big car owners face tax hike dave F London Transport 11 October 20th 03 01:45 PM
Exact Fare Only CJG London Transport 34 September 4th 03 10:37 AM
Exact Fare Only Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 7 August 27th 03 08:34 PM