Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 20th 03, 10:25 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default The effects of a road congestion tax

"Richard J." wrote the following in:

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In article

d.ntl.c om, Dan Holdsworth writes

[1] Doing it this way, you could also look for mobile phones
that appear to be in use and moving along a motorway, and flag
these locations up to the local police, for much improved
enforcement of anti-mobile laws.

There is no law against the use of a mobile phone while moving on
a motorway.

Yes, there is. The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use)
(Amendment) (No. 4) Regulations 2003. It doesn't come into effect
until 1 Dec 2003, and it only affects the use of a hand-held
mobile by the driver.

That's not a law against use of a mobile phone while moving on a
motorway. That's a law against the use of a mobile phone while driving.

What I assume you meant was that the system
would not be able to distinguish between legal and illegal use of
a mobile mobile, not that all use was legal.

He didn't say all use was legal.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!

LU strike and possible knock-on effects on NR / LO services [was:Tube strike] Mizter T London Transport 39 June 15th 09 11:34 AM
Road Hog Road Tax Cartoon. Clangnuts London Transport 1 March 24th 07 01:06 PM
'Mares promise to Tax School run Mums Yanart Amin Ari London Transport 6 May 27th 04 02:21 PM
New Tax Discs Nigel London Transport 41 February 27th 04 01:29 PM
Big car owners face tax hike dave F London Transport 11 October 20th 03 12:45 PM