Old January 6th 10, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default What a ripoff.

Had to get the tube to work today for obvious reasons. Nice to see a 2.80
fare has gone up to 3.10. And for that extra 30p I get a 15 minute delay
on the central line due to some signal failure or other. Oh what a surprise.

Pathetic bloody system.

B2003

Old January 6th 10, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 6, 10:14*am, wrote:
Had to get the tube to work today for obvious reasons. Nice to see a 2.80
fare has gone up to 3.10. And for that extra 30p I get a 15 minute delay
on the central line due to some signal failure or other. Oh what a surprise.

Pathetic bloody system.

Well at least you'll be able to claim your £3.10 back under the
Customer Charter.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/refunds/tuberefund/
Old January 6th 10, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

Had to get the tube to work today for obvious reasons. Nice to see a
2.80 fare has gone up to 3.10. And for that extra 30p I get a 15
minute delay
on the central line due to some signal failure or other. Oh what a
surprise.

Pathetic bloody system.

The 'obvious reasons' presumably being that the Tube was working and the
roads were unusable? I wonder how the Tube staff got to work? You
should, at least, be pleased that they succeeded.

Old January 6th 10, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 02:58:46 -0800 (PST)
martin wrote:
On Jan 6, 10:14=A0am, wrote:
Had to get the tube to work today for obvious reasons. Nice to see a 2.80
fare has gone up to 3.10. And for that extra 30p I get a 15 minute delay
on the central line due to some signal failure or other. Oh what a surpri=

se.

Pathetic bloody system.

Well at least you'll be able to claim your =A33.10 back under the
Customer Charter.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/refunds/tuberefund/

I always do - did it as soon as I got in. Notice how the refund forms have
pretty much disappeared from obvious locations in the stations and no mention
is made of refunds anywhere. And once you've claimed you have to wait at
least a month it seems. No doubt they're "regulating the refunds service"
(said in nasal voice).

B2003

Old January 6th 10, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:04:30 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
wrote in message

Had to get the tube to work today for obvious reasons. Nice to see a
2.80 fare has gone up to 3.10. And for that extra 30p I get a 15
minute delay
on the central line due to some signal failure or other. Oh what a
surprise.

Pathetic bloody system.

The 'obvious reasons' presumably being that the Tube was working and the
roads were unusable? I wonder how the Tube staff got to work? You
should, at least, be pleased that they succeeded.

Yes, no doubt getting up at 4am in a blizzard isn't much fun. But then thats
the nature of the career they chose. As a passenger all I'm concerned about
is why the service is still ****. And more to the point why does a signal
failure matter on an ATO line anyway? Either the ATO is working or it isn't.
If it isn't why can't they just drive the trains manually?

Or is signal failure a euphamism for total **** up?

B2003

Old January 6th 10, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:32:21 -0000
Jim Brittin [wake up to reply] wrote:
Broken rail around Stratford allegedly. not much anyone can do quickly
to repair.

If they checked their track properly they might have spotted it before it
broke.

B2003

Old January 6th 10, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:04:30 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
wrote in message

Had to get the tube to work today for obvious reasons. Nice to see a
2.80 fare has gone up to 3.10. And for that extra 30p I get a 15
minute delay
on the central line due to some signal failure or other. Oh what a
surprise.

Pathetic bloody system.

The 'obvious reasons' presumably being that the Tube was working and
the roads were unusable? I wonder how the Tube staff got to work?
You should, at least, be pleased that they succeeded.

Yes, no doubt getting up at 4am in a blizzard isn't much fun. But
then thats the nature of the career they chose. As a passenger all
I'm concerned about is why the service is still ****.

The point I was making was that you found the roads undrivable, so why
would it be any different for Tube staff. You're lucky they could even
get in to work, in order to get you to work.

Not transport related, but I was also pleased that my newspaper was
delivered as normal, and so was my post (in fact, earlier than usual).

HEX Ripoff .... CJB London Transport 28 December 2nd 14 11:38 PM
Ripoff tube fares [email protected] London Transport 9 September 12th 11 06:21 PM
More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain? CJB London Transport 125 February 10th 06 11:04 AM