Old November 28th 14, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default HEX Ripoff ....

More expensive per mile than Concorde was ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ht-MALAGA.html

Old November 28th 14, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
04:41:31 on Fri, 28 Nov 2014, CJB remarked:
More expensive per mile than Concorde was ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ess-tops-list-
tickets-cost-return-flight-MALAGA.html

I think you'll find a taxi is even more expensive.
Old November 28th 14, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014-11-28 12:41:31 +0000, CJB said:

More expensive per mile than Concorde was ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ht-MALAGA.html

It's not even much faster if you're going to/from say Dalston where I
am - the Piccadilly is only about 15 mins longer and the changes are
easier.

E.

Old November 28th 14, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at
04:41:31 on Fri, 28 Nov 2014, CJB remarked:
More expensive per mile than Concorde was ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ess-tops-list-
tickets-cost-return-flight-MALAGA.html

I think you'll find a taxi is even more expensive.

and I think they meant the "EU" as Oslo is even more expensive

tim

Old November 28th 14, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014-11-28 19:13:55 +0000, tim..... said:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at
04:41:31 on Fri, 28 Nov 2014, CJB remarked:
More expensive per mile than Concorde was ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ess-tops-list-

tickets-cost-return-flight-MALAGA.html

I think you'll find a taxi is even more expensive.

and I think they meant the "EU" as Oslo is even more expensive

Arlanda (Stockholm) is about £22 one way, a pound more than HEX. I've
forked out for this a few times.

E.

Old November 29th 14, 07:46 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Perry View Post
In message , at
04:41:31 on Fri, 28 Nov 2014, CJB
remarked:
More expensive per mile than Concorde was ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ess-tops-list-
tickets-cost-return-flight-MALAGA.html

I think you'll find a taxi is even more expensive.
If you're travelling alone. If you share the taxi - and the cost- with other
people, the cost per person is quite reasonable for the door-to-door
convenience.

I'm always surprised when I see entire families travelling to and from airports
by public transport.
Old November 29th 14, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 18:15:22 on Fri,
28 Nov 2014, eastender remarked:
More expensive per mile than Concorde was ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...1805/London-fo
ur-five-expensive-airport-transfers-Europe-Heathrow-Express-tops-list-t
ickets-cost-return-flight-MALAGA.html

It's not even much faster if you're going to/from say Dalston where I
am - the Piccadilly is only about 15 mins longer and the changes are
easier.

Such a shame, then, that everyone is forced to use HEx, and no
passengers are allowed to use other ways of getting to the airport.
Old November 29th 14, 08:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 18:15:22 on Fri,
28 Nov 2014, eastender remarked:
More expensive per mile than Concorde was ...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...1805/London-fo
ur-five-expensive-airport-transfers-Europe-Heathrow-Express-tops-list-t
ickets-cost-return-flight-MALAGA.html

It's not even much faster if you're going to/from say Dalston where I
am - the Piccadilly is only about 15 mins longer and the changes are easier.

Such a shame, then, that everyone is forced to use HEx, and no passengers
are allowed to use other ways of getting to the airport.

I wonder if someone has figures for HEx, HC and Picc loading from Heathrow.
HEx has 4tph, HC has 2tph and the PIcc has at least 12tph in the peaks.
Old November 29th 14, 09:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:46:45 on Sat, 29
Nov 2014, Robin9 remarked:

Roland Perry;145904 Wrote:
In message , at
04:41:31 on Fri, 28 Nov 2014, CJB
remarked:-
More expensive per mile than Concorde was ...

http://tinyurl.com/kt2kplh
tickets-cost-return-flight-MALAGA.html-

I think you'll find a taxi is even more expensive.

If you're travelling alone. If you share the taxi - and the cost- with
other people, the cost per person is quite reasonable for the
door-to-door convenience.

A taxi can also be cheaper than a week's parking at many airports.

I'm always surprised when I see entire families travelling to and from
airports by public transport.

Force of habit, perhaps.

Old November 29th 14, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014-11-29 08:46:45 +0000, Robin9 said:

I'm always surprised when I see entire families travelling to and from
airports
by public transport.

There are other reasons - for instance, in some areas taxi drivers are
very unreliable, drive dangerously or both. If you make the comparison
with a premium airport car service instead, sometimes the balance may
well tip in favour of public transport, particularly coach or if Family
Railcards are applicable.

Neil
--
Neil Williams