London Banter

-   -   Street Repairs (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10306-street-repairs.html)

Phil Richards January 17th 10 08:05 AM

Street Repairs

Who is responsible for repairs in London, the local council or TfL?
Since the snow has thawed a small pothole outside my house has got much
bigger. TfL's site allowed me to report the problem which I did.

I then happened to visit Haringey's website to report a huge pile of
rubbish dumped a bit further down the road. They seemed to be quite keen
to take details of the problem with a special page on their site:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/news_and_events/latest_news/call_the_pothole_hotline_during_the_thaw.htm

--
Phil Richards, London, UK
3,600+ railway photos since 1980 at:

trainmanUK January 17th 10 08:37 AM

Street Repairs

On 17 Jan, 09:05, Phil Richards
wrote:
Who is responsible for repairs in London, the local council or TfL?
Since the snow has thawed a small pothole outside my house has got much
bigger. TfL's site allowed me to report the problem which I did.

I then happened to visit Haringey's website to report a huge pile of
rubbish dumped a bit further down the road. They seemed to be quite keen
to take details of the problem with a special page on their site:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/news_and_events/latest_news/call_the...

--
Phil Richards, London, UK
3,600+ railway photos since 1980 at:http://europeanrail.fotopic.nethttp:...il.fotopic.net

Red routes Tfl all other local council

Paul G January 17th 10 08:58 AM

Street Repairs

In message
,
trainmanUK writes
On 17 Jan, 09:05, Phil Richards
wrote:
Who is responsible for repairs in London, the local council or TfL?
Since the snow has thawed a small pothole outside my house has got much
bigger. TfL's site allowed me to report the problem which I did.

I then happened to visit Haringey's website to report a huge pile of
rubbish dumped a bit further down the road. They seemed to be quite keen
to take details of the problem with a special page on their site:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/news_and_events/latest_news/call_the...

Red routes Tfl all other local council

However if you report the problem on the TfL page they will forward the
issue/report to the appropriate authority responsible if it is not
within TfL's area of coverage (e.g. some road are the responsibility of
the Highways Agencies I believe).

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking

Graham Harrison[_2_] January 17th 10 09:01 AM

Street Repairs

Try http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

[email protected] January 17th 10 01:55 PM

Street Repairs

In article ,
(Paul G) wrote:

However if you report the problem on the TfL page they will forward
the issue/report to the appropriate authority responsible if it is
not within TfL's area of coverage (e.g. some road are the
responsibility of the Highways Agencies I believe).

Are there any Highways Agency roads within Greater London other than small
bits of the M1, M3, M4 and M25?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Basil Jet January 17th 10 02:12 PM

Street Repairs

wrote:
In article ,
(Paul G) wrote:

However if you report the problem on the TfL page they will forward
the issue/report to the appropriate authority responsible if it is
not within TfL's area of coverage (e.g. some road are the
responsibility of the Highways Agencies I believe).

Are there any Highways Agency roads within Greater London other than
small bits of the M1, M3, M4 and M25?

pedant small bits of the M1, M11 M4 and M25.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

[email protected] January 17th 10 08:58 PM

Street Repairs

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

Are there any Highways Agency roads within Greater London other than
small bits of the M1, M3, M4 and M25?

pedant small bits of the M1, M11 M4 and M25

I admit to missing the M11. I thought there was small bits of the M3 and
M40 in Greater London but apparently not. The M25 bits are pretty small, a
couple of stretches of more or less the road itself only in Enfield and
Havering.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Richard J.[_3_] January 17th 10 10:01 PM

Street Repairs

wrote on 17 January 2010 21:58:58 ...
In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

Are there any Highways Agency roads within Greater London other than
small bits of the M1, M3, M4 and M25?

pedant small bits of the M1, M11 M4 and M25

I admit to missing the M11. I thought there was small bits of the M3 and
M40 in Greater London but apparently not. The M25 bits are pretty small, a
couple of stretches of more or less the road itself only in Enfield and
Havering.

Also the M25 between J14 and J15 west of Heathrow is just inside Hillingdon.

The answer to your original question (any Highways Agency roads in
Greater London other than motorways) is "No".

--
Richard J.

[email protected] January 17th 10 11:01 PM

Street Repairs

(Basil Jet) wrote:

Are there any Highways Agency roads within Greater London other than
small bits of the M1, M3, M4 and M25?

pedant small bits of the M1, M11 M4 and M25

I admit to missing the M11. I thought there was small bits of the
M3 and M40 in Greater London but apparently not. The M25 bits are
pretty small, a couple of stretches of more or less the road
itself only in Enfield and Havering.

Also the M25 between J14 and J15 west of Heathrow is just inside
Hillingdon.

Oh yes. I missed that under other detail on the map at first.

The answer to your original question (any Highways Agency roads in
Greater London other than motorways) is "No".

Indeed. All the motorway box remnants (M41 and A102(M)) were demoted some
time ago. Was it in preparation for the Mayor and GLA or well before then?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old Central January 18th 10 09:39 AM

Street Repairs

Indeed. All the motorway box remnants (M41 and A102(M)) were demoted some
time ago. Was it in preparation for the Mayor and GLA or well before then?

Not sure of the date of those but I was looking at land acquisition
issues at the time of the Mayor/GLA act and it became a real headache
to know who owned what and when so the correct notices were served.

OC