Old January 17th 10, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Street Repairs

Who is responsible for repairs in London, the local council or TfL?
Since the snow has thawed a small pothole outside my house has got much
bigger. TfL's site allowed me to report the problem which I did.

I then happened to visit Haringey's website to report a huge pile of
rubbish dumped a bit further down the road. They seemed to be quite keen
to take details of the problem with a special page on their site:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/news_and_events/latest_news/call_the_pothole_hotline_during_the_thaw.htm

--
Phil Richards, London, UK
3,600+ railway photos since 1980 at:

Old January 17th 10, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Jan, 09:05, Phil Richards
wrote:
Who is responsible for repairs in London, the local council or TfL?
Since the snow has thawed a small pothole outside my house has got much
bigger. TfL's site allowed me to report the problem which I did.

I then happened to visit Haringey's website to report a huge pile of
rubbish dumped a bit further down the road. They seemed to be quite keen
to take details of the problem with a special page on their site:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/news_and_events/latest_news/call_the...

--
Phil Richards, London, UK
3,600+ railway photos since 1980 at:http://europeanrail.fotopic.nethttp:...il.fotopic.net

Red routes Tfl all other local council
Old January 17th 10, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
trainmanUK writes
On 17 Jan, 09:05, Phil Richards
wrote:
Who is responsible for repairs in London, the local council or TfL?
Since the snow has thawed a small pothole outside my house has got much
bigger. TfL's site allowed me to report the problem which I did.

I then happened to visit Haringey's website to report a huge pile of
rubbish dumped a bit further down the road. They seemed to be quite keen
to take details of the problem with a special page on their site:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/news_and_events/latest_news/call_the...

Red routes Tfl all other local council

However if you report the problem on the TfL page they will forward the
issue/report to the appropriate authority responsible if it is not
within TfL's area of coverage (e.g. some road are the responsibility of
the Highways Agencies I believe).

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking
Old January 17th 10, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Try http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

Old January 18th 10, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Indeed. All the motorway box remnants (M41 and A102(M)) were demoted some
time ago. Was it in preparation for the Mayor and GLA or well before then?

Not sure of the date of those but I was looking at land acquisition
issues at the time of the Mayor/GLA act and it became a real headache
to know who owned what and when so the correct notices were served.

OC