Old November 20th 03, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tours of the London Underground

Does anyone know of any "On-site" tours of LU stations (Used/Dis-used) ?

I have looked at the LT Museum site but they only cater for group visits ?

Any help ?

Old November 22nd 03, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"simon" wrote in
:

Does anyone know of any "On-site" tours of LU stations (Used/Dis-used)
?

I have looked at the LT Museum site but they only cater for group
visits ?

Check Hywel Williams's excellent site - often read by myself before any
visit to London (from Stoke):

http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

- sadly he states "For the time being, no further tours of Disused
Stations are being arranged by London's Transport Museum. They are very
much aware that there are many people who'd love to visit - and have not
ruled out tours in the future, but remember that even when they were
arranging the tours, the vast majority of people who applied were turned
away due to the small number of people that could attend each tour."

- so you may be out of luck - but you never know what a politely-worded
letter to LTM might bring?

Leigh....
Old November 22nd 03, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Leigh" wrote in message

Check Hywel Williams's excellent site - often read by
myself before any visit to London (from Stoke):

http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

- sadly he states "For the time being, no further
tours of Disused Stations are being arranged
by London's Transport Museum. They are very
much aware that there are many people who'd
love to visit - and have not ruled out tours in the
future, but remember that even when they were
arranging the tours, the vast majority of people
who applied were turned away due to the small
number of people that could attend each tour."

If LU owned some goldmines, they wouldn't know what to do with them.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old November 22nd 03, 03:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"Leigh" wrote in message

Check Hywel Williams's excellent site - often read by
myself before any visit to London (from Stoke):

http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

- sadly he states "For the time being, no further
tours of Disused Stations are being arranged
by London's Transport Museum. They are very
much aware that there are many people who'd
love to visit - and have not ruled out tours in the
future, but remember that even when they were
arranging the tours, the vast majority of people
who applied were turned away due to the small
number of people that could attend each tour."

If LU owned some goldmines, they wouldn't know what to do with them.

£15 per visit, 30 people per day, 200 visits per year... £90k anyone?
(and I'm guessing you could show around more than 30 ppl a day...)

Although I'd guess it would have to be subcontracted so the returns
would be much diminished... ;-)

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old November 23rd 03, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Only last week I went on a tour of Aldwych Disued Station. The tour wass
organised through Craven's Herritage Trains and Londons Transport Museum.

i must admit, it was a real treat.

My thanks go to Cravens and to LTM for this special evening.

I havealso visited Wood Lane disued - although this has now been demolished,
again through Cravens.

my best advice would befor you to join the London undergraound Railway Society
and Cravens Herritage Trains.

Hope Iv helped.

Old November 24th 03, 10:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Dave Arquati
writes
£15 per visit, 30 people per day, 200 visits per year... £90k anyone? (and
I'm guessing you could show around more than 30 ppl a day...)

Although I'd guess it would have to be subcontracted so the returns would
be much diminished... ;-)

"There's no demand for it. And you're the fiftieth person today I've
had to tell that"!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for
Old November 24th 03, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:08:14 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In article , Dave Arquati
writes
£15 per visit, 30 people per day, 200 visits per year... £90k anyone? (and
I'm guessing you could show around more than 30 ppl a day...)

Although I'd guess it would have to be subcontracted so the returns would
be much diminished... ;-)

"There's no demand for it. And you're the fiftieth person today I've
had to tell that"!

Why are you not munging your email address? You should be using a fake
email address in here to stop the spammers from sending you spam.

Zermut
Old November 24th 03, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Zermut
writes
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:08:14 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In article , Dave Arquati
writes
£15 per visit, 30 people per day, 200 visits per year... £90k anyone? (and
I'm guessing you could show around more than 30 ppl a day...)

Although I'd guess it would have to be subcontracted so the returns would
be much diminished... ;-)

"There's no demand for it. And you're the fiftieth person today I've
had to tell that"!

Why are you not munging your email address?

Because I like people to be able to contact me easily?

You should be using a fake
email address in here to stop the spammers from sending you spam.

I just filter it (or most of it) out.

Thanks for your concern, though! :-))
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for
London & the Heart of England
http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Blitz experience tours of Aldwych Underground station Keerde London Transport 0 September 7th 10 09:08 PM
(Taj Mahal) Hot seller tours to India Kamal London Transport 0 July 25th 07 04:38 PM
Hit tours Nicole London Transport 1 August 18th 06 11:56 AM
Down Street Tours TheOneKEA London Transport 0 August 18th 04 07:22 PM